With the exception of hand held items, all deliveries must be made through the loading dock entrance serving 900 Seventh Street. We do not allow deliveries through the main lobby to prevent damage to the lobby floor and doors, and to avoid inconvenience to other Clients in the building.
Routine deliveries may occur between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM on weekdays. A routine delivery is one made by a clearly marked delivery truck that requires 15 - 30 minutes of time on the dock. Routine deliveries are allowed on a first-come first-served basis. Examples of routine deliveries include delivery of office supplies, caterers, bottled water, or kitchen supplies. This also includes US Post Office deliveries and pickups, services from FedEx, UPS, DHL, and other major delivery services that require the use of a hand cart or hand truck. Routine delivery personnel must use the freight elevator only.
Scheduled deliveries requiring more than 30 minutes, should be cleared by contacting the building's Property Manager 48 hours in advance. Management will advise the Dock master of the time of delivery, and the Dock master will have a bay available at the time requested. Occasionally, we will be unable to accommodate your delivery at the time you request. We will work to find another time that works for you and your vendor. Your vendor will be checked in by the Dock master, and asked to leave picture identification. Your vendor will receive a Contractor’s pass to enter the building.
Moves or lengthy deliveries (requiring more than two hours) need to be scheduled after 6:00 PM on weekdays, or on Saturday or Sunday. Please call the building’s Property Manager at least seventy-two hours in advance to coordinate your after-hours delivery. Occasionally, we will be unable to accommodate your delivery at the time you request. We will work to find another time that works for you and your vendor. Your mover or delivery company will be required to produce a Certificate of Insurance naming IBEW Headquarters Building LLC; 900 Seventh Street LLC; and The John Akridge Management Company as additional insured. Additionally, the mover or delivery company will be required to provide union verification prior to your move.
General Delivery Information
- Moving of safes, loaded files or other heavy objects must be coordinated with the building’s Property Manager in advance, to coordinate elevator usage, as well as the loading dock.
- Please see the Building Insurance Requirements Section for detailed insurance requirements.
- We may require that a building engineer be in attendance for large moves, at Client expense.
- Please remind your vendors that vehicle motors must be TURNED OFF while in the loading dock.
- Please remind your movers that they must provide masonite protection for floors and carpets.
- The loading entrance is not available for contractors’ or repair persons’ vehicles. Please ask your repairmen to use the garage.